I’m nearing the end of my preparation time which has at times seems entirely too long and at other times seems beyond short! If I have learned anything the past couple of months, it is that you can never prepare for a move like this. You can’t know what the future days will hold in your daily life, and you certainly cannot know what those future days will look like across the globe!
I am however encouraged that God doesn’t call the equipped but He equips those He calls. That is very very good news for me as I am increasingly aware of my own inadequacy! As I search for bible study materials and the right resources, I am reminded that He is truly all I need. A particular verse in Isaiah has spurred my heart to have peace, to trust and to confidently walk forward in His plans for me.
“For you shall not go out in haste, nor shall you go out in flight, for the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard.”
He is already in Kenya. He is working mightily. He is preparing hearts of female students that will be ready to receive His word and grow deeply in a relationship. He is preparing my flights, my friends, my ministry partners, and even the needs I cannot think of. He goes before me and prepares the way. I am reminded of this when I look at my financial fundraising statements. In one month, God stirred the hearts of about 30 people I know to give financially to get me to Kenya…the exact amount that I requested in my prayer letter. Then I realized that I miscalculated the list of budgeted needs and even still, God has raised up people to keep giving when I didn’t even know I would need it! That is how dearly he plays attention to the details of my life.
I even have heard recently of what God is doing in Kenya and I am blown away! Not that He’s moving, but that He would invite me to join along side the work He is already doing, with the servants He is already using! Because of these promises, I can walk forward in peace (although its a daily reminder for me), and I can rest in Him because He hems me in and around.
One thing that the Lord has been placing on my heart is the need for prayer warriors. Starting this week, I am going to be updating the blog with prayer requests each week at least and I would ask that y’all would join me in this journey. I am going to be on front lines, battling for the Lord, to grow His kingdom in Kenya! Here are some things you can pray for during the duration of my 6 months there, and some this week:
1. Peace – Those of you who know me well know that I have anxiety disorder and therefore peace is a struggle for me. God has been very good in giving me the right tools to lower and manage my anxiety. However, letting the peace of Christ rule my heart is sometimes more of a challenge than i’d like it to be. Please pray that He would flood my heart with peace about all things from getting ready to getting there etc.
2. Bible study materials – that I would find materials that can culturally translate well, be able to purchase them (some are super expensive), and will have wisdom on which things to take for the differing age groups (ages 5-25).
3. Spiritual protection – join me in praying on the armor of God from Ephesians 6:10-20 as I am feeling strong warfare going on in my heart. Asking for a hedge of protection around me and my family before I go and while I am there.
4. Finances – asking that God would continue to raise just a few more hearts to give a few more dollars for me to be able to cover my expenses.
5. Team Ndoto – pray for the team on the ground that God would give them rest as they work hard, joy in the hard moments, vision, strength, patience, and unity as they dream big and work hard! They also have a new blog!
Also, just in case you were wondering…it’s almost 1 month till I leave to go live with these people in this place!!! In case you don’t know, the girl on my right is Rida, the first grader that I sponsor. On my left is her brother, Domonic who is sponsored by my friend and songwriting buddy and his wife! 🙂
Thank you for your prayers friends or as they say in Swahili, Asante Sana (just like the Lion King). I am so overwhelmed by the blessings God has bestowed on me in my short almost 28 years of life (next weekend Ahh!). I am one grateful gal! Praising Him for the work He has done, is doing and will do in my life…and you’re part of that!